Sunday, February 26, 2012

Making Progress, or Not

I have a list of notes for blog post ideas, one of which is the value of scissors.  If you have been following along, you know that I tried various designs before I settled on the red coral clover chain that I showed last week.  This week I started on the turquoise chain.  This did not require nearly so much testing, and what testing I did I did not photograph.  However, I was not paying attention and ended up with errors:
The error of my ways
I misconnected (yes, I know that is not a word) one connector and skipped another.  I have an excuse, I have a cold and my brain isn't functioning.  So, instead of scissors I tore out the last three links. 

I ended up with this:
Turquoise chain
I am happy with this, mostly.  It is not as elegant as my inspiration from the Elizabeth I Cuff Bracelet by the Peregrine Beader.  I am okay with that, because this is not an elegant necklace. 

This turquoise chain will be paired with the red coral clover chain I showed off last week:
Red coral clover chain and turquoise chain side by side
In turn, these will be paired with my inspiration, a slab of turquoise:
Turquoise and two chains
The design is beginning to take shape:
Turquoise Slab Necklace layout
This week we will have a February 29th enjoy your leap day.

13 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the final piece - it's lovely so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great. I'm looking forward to seeing how you incorporate those big slabs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bobbie and Gwen.

    Gwen, just one slab per necklace which will be bezel set. I want the turquoise to be the star. I have not decided if I will embellish the be bezel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Really interesting! I'm looking forward to seeing where you're going with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it turns out as well as I am imagining. I already have plans for necklace number 2 for the next slab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. REALLY pretty. Great combination of pieces. Can't wait to see the finished design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Marsha, I appreciate a compliment from someone's work I sincerely admire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colours! My favourites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be a gorgeous necklace, I love the color combination! You did a great job duplicating the red coral in seed beads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Arlene, I value your opinion and your artist's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ! Have a good day. Manue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing. I had to turn off anonymous comments because spam was being posted.