Sunday, January 15, 2012

Testing...

The turquoise slab has not been forgotten neither have the 3 strands that will be attached to it. 

I had planned one test for today and yesterday had a completely different inspiration.  Does this kind of thing happen to you?  Indulge me for a moment while I wander a bit off topic.  If you have been following along you know I am in the midst of organizing my beads.  I need some of those bigger (and bigger is relative) jars.  The craft store did not have the bigger jars when I was shopping yesterday and I almost walked out empty handed.  I did, however recall that Mandy, at Beads for Brains, had asked for feedback on beaded bead instructions found at GyönGYIKék.  I grabbed a bag of cheap plastic 8 mm pearls and that is where I got side tracked.  I think a strand of silver beaded beads might be just what I need for one of those strands.  Today made two test beads. 
Test Beaded Bead.  Ignore the magenta place holder wire.
Another view of the Test Beaded Bead
I made two because I have plans for my test pieces.  The 15° silver Japanese seed beads that I used may not be a permanent finish.  Before beginning I want to be sure that I am working with the best materials.  Thus, I need to order some 15° silver delicas. 


Thanks for indulging me.  Stay tuned as I work on the slab necklace and watch for what happens to my test pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing. I had to turn off anonymous comments because spam was being posted.