Monday, February 14, 2011

Getting Started

I have had an on-going love affair with beads for decades.  In the 1980's I learned peyote stitch from a friend.  Shortly thereafter, in the gift shop at Cahokia Mounds, I discovered "Indian Bead-Weaving Patterns" by Horace Goodhue; a book which remains a favorite.  Back then, I mostly worked with seed beads, but I picked up a enough skills with wire to make simple loop earrings.  Seed beads remain my favorite.  I have sold my jewelry to family and friends since then.  I have sold at craft fairs and fund raisers as well as though family members who sell fine silver jewelry.  Now, it is time to become more professional in my sales.

I will be focusing on two new venues:
  • On-line
  • More and better venues
My plan for this blog is to write about beads and my jewelry because it is one of my passions.  In addition, I want to write about the process of professionalizing my jewelry sales. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy- good luck with your new blog - I can't wait to read more about you!!

    xo- Cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    Welcome to this awesome blog world. I will tell you that these beady blog ladies are unbelievably supportive and fun so you will not be disappointed! I look forward to seeing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kristen. I think the best about people but I am still surprised at the generosity of the people meet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing. I had to turn off anonymous comments because spam was being posted.